Tuesday, March 4, 2014

True Life: I'm Addicted to French Fries

As I sit here eating my delicious Vegan Chocolate Cupcake, I am reminded that tomorrow marks the first day of Lent. I have struggled over the past few days with feelings of guilt about what kind of food I eat on a regular basis. I realize that while I do my best to be healthy (like still drinking one green juice a day!), I could definitely make some better decisions when it comes to food. Yes, it may be vegan, but that doesn't mean it is necessarily good. So, for Lent I've decided to give up my most recent vice: french fries. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I'm finding one way or another to get myself some french fries on a much too often basis. Like, almost daily. Its bad. My stomach hates me for it. My skin hates me for it. Generally, I feel pretty shitty about it, but I can't stop myself! I brought lunch to the office today; a healthy and savory eggplant tomato stew. But what did I do instead? I went to get myself a falafel pita and a side of fries... At least it was the "small" size, right?! I swear I could feel my eggplant stew silently judging me from the fridge, uneaten. Anyway, it's clear I have a problem. So I'm making it my mission to avoid the fried sticks of deliciousness for the next six weeks.
I'm pretty competitive by nature, so I feel like this will be an excellent way to challenge myself and start making better choices. Even if that choice is simply not to eat the damn fries.


What will you be giving up for Lent this year? What other ways are you encouraged to say adios the not-so-healthy foods?

3 comments:

  1. loved todays blog entry!! lol for sure! good luck with your french fry mission. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving up red meat and poultry! I will be pescetarian throughout the Lenten season and turning my thoughts inward. I will be praying more and journaling more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thyra, that's so great! Keep me posted on your progress I'd love to hear about it :) Good lucky lady !

      Delete