Thursday, November 14, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle: Getting Started

Happy Thursday!

Side note: If you like Country music and you like Disney movies, I must tell you how amazing the CD "The Best of Country Sing the Best of Disney" is! haha I found it just browsing iTunes. Seriously. Listen to it. It is magical. I'm listening to it as I write this :)

Anyway, I wanted to discuss the life changing decision of pursuing a healthy lifestyle.

Just making the decision to get healthy is an huge accomplishment all by itself. I sincerely applaud you for making this realization if you have. It definitely was not an easy one to come to, I'm sure, as it was not for me either.
Here are some questions to ask yourself now (and later come back to) about your intentions.

1. What are your main goals?
Think of reasons for yourself as to why you want to be healthy. General health? Toning? Weight loss? Improved self-image? 

2. Why now?
What stopped you before? Has something changed recently?

3. What can you do to help yourself succeed?
Think of ways that will ensure you a successful journey to health. Plan meals. Make grocery lists. Make a vision board. Think up weekly menus. Prep food ahead of time.

4. Do you have a good support system?
Is your family supportive of your decision? Will your friends accept your new lifestyle?

I definitely find myself coming back to these kinds of questions, especially when I am feeling unmotivated to work out or when eating out sounds so much easier than cooking up something healthy. *Remind yourself that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. You're literally changing your life and your health for the better. It won't be easy, but it will be so rewarding, I promise! :)

Share with me your stories/tips for getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment