Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Product Review: Physicians Formula Super BB All-In-One Beauty Cream

I mentioned in a previous post that I have been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup SPF 15. This was great for when my acne scars were dark and numerous, but now that I have fewer and most of them have lightened, I decided I didn't want such a heavy makeup for every day use. I did a lot of research about tinted moisturizers, BB creams, CC creams, and liquid foundations and decided that I want something easy to apply, with SPF, and with light/medium coverage. It looked like a BB cream was the answer, but the hard part was which one?! There are SO many on the market with claims out wazoo about what they do for your skin.
I turned to Beautypedia, which is a great tool for reviewing and comparing beauty products with extensive information about them. The website rates products Best, Good, Average, and Poor. Naturally, I want only the "best" products for my skin!

After looking at nearly all of the BB creams on the market, I decided I wanted to try Physicians Formula Super BB All-In-One. I found it at Target for $15.79, which wasn't too bad, considering how much I was paying for the Estee Lauder foundation. ($36)



I was hesitant at first because of the limited shade options. There are only two shades currently available: Light/Medium and Medium/Deep. Fortunately for me the Light/Medium actually works perfectly with my skin tone (olive/yellow undertones). This may not be the case with everyone unfortunately. It will definitely be too dark for lighter skin with pink undertones. This is the only real problem I found with it so far though.

Pros:
  • Mineral Based SPF 30 for broad spectrum protection
  • Matte Finish
  • Medium coverage
  • Good for normal to oily skin
  • Glides on and blends extremely well
  • Unscented
  • Great for sensitive skin
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Paraben and gluten free
Cons:
  • May not be moisturizing enough for dry skin
  • Limited shade options


So far I really like it. After I wash my face and  put on my medication I apply it with my fingertips all over my face and under my eyes and set it with a bit of translucent powder. It doesn't feel heavy or overly creamy on my face and it sets really nicely. I have a bit of shine in the afternoon, but I went all day yesterday without blotting and I didn't feel like I looked overly oily when I got home in the evening. Overall I think it is definitely one of the better BB creams on the market right now for the price and the benefits you get from it. Plus the packaging is super pretty!  Hopefully they introduce more shade options in the near future.

Have you tried this product? What do you use for your every day makeup? I want to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment