Monday, December 2, 2013

Product Review: Tarte High Performance Naturals

Happy Monday! I hope you had a lovely weekend and got to spend time with family and stuff your face. I definitely did. At least it was mostly veggies, right?!  On Black Friday I decided to venture into Ulta Beauty because I had wanted to try some of Tarte's cruelty-free vegan products. I picked out three items that I thought I would enjoy, and here are my thoughts on them!

Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($36)
smooth operator tinted moisturizer oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF 20
I was REALLY hoping to fall in love with the BB cream because, like all of the products I tried, it is vegan, cruelty free, and contains no parabens or phthalates. I was a little disappointed with it though. It didn't give me the coverage I was hoping for. It says light/medium but it was definitely more on the light side. It also is only a SPF 20, and I generally try to use 30 or higher on my face to make sure my skin is thoroughly protected. It did have a matte finish, which I did like very much. For the price though, it wasn't worth it to me to keep using it. I personally think $36 is very steep for a tinted moisturizer.

Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder ($29)
smooth operator™ micronized clay finishing powder with PM20™
I wanted to try this because of the great reviews I saw on their website and what it promised to deliver.  Here is what they claim: "Amazonian clay acts as a total skin balancer, by hydrating all skin types, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, improving clarity and texture, and removing surface oil to mattify skin for a soft focus and flawless finish. " It did deliver! I loved the texture of it, very soft and silky, and immediately took away my shine. It also gave like a blurred effect to my large pores. That being said, I didn't feel comfortable paying $30 for a supplemental product. If that was the BB cream or a foundation providing these effects, then I would have no problem paying that much. It would be great if this was a powder foundation, that way it had all of these benefits, plus coverage, all in one! I would buy that!


MultiplEYE Liquid Eyeliner ($22)

I had really high hopes for this one! I have been looking for the perfect eyeliner and thought for sure this would be it! Unfortunately, it was not. :(   While I did love the felt tip for precise lining, it didn't go on very dark. I had to go over it several times before I achieved the look I was going for, and even then I don't think it was that dark. (I like intense eyeliner) My NYX liquid liner actually performs better than this one, and for less than half the price.

To sum it all up, their products are expensive. Granted, they are a reputable company that delivers great for your skin, cruelty-free cosmetics, I feel like if I search hard enough, I can find something with those benefits and not break the bank.  If you don't mind paying that much, I would recommend giving them a try! They have MANY more products that I will consider in the future for my personal use.

Have you tried any of Tarte's products? What did you think?
Can you recommend any other products that you had success with? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment