Monday, December 2, 2013

Confession time!


So I have a confession…

 Friday night I worked at my part-time restaurant job. It had been a while since I picked up a shift, and was absolutely craving their pizza. It was an artichoke and feta pizza (no sauce) with onions, red peppers, and Kalamata olives. This was my first divergence from a vegan diet since I began on November 21st.   To be honest, I felt a bit guilty eating it since I had been doing so well, even over Thanksgiving! I guess it wouldn’t have been enough to just feel guilty about it, because that wasn’t even the worst part.

The worst part came Saturday morning: cue stomach ache! My tummy was NOT happy with me! I had been feeling so great since I cut out dairy and everything else, so this was a very unwelcome feeling. I felt heavy and bloated all day, so I made sure to stick to a clean diet for the rest of the weekend. Despite my efforts, I still felt sick up until Sunday evening.

This morning I am feeling much better. I prepped all of my meals for today to help me stay on track and avoid having to go buy lunch somewhere. I find that when I am prepared and have options, I am much more likely to stick to my meal plan. I won’t lie; the longer I go, the harder it is becoming to stick to a vegan diet. Some days are better than others, but that is to be expected with any sort of lifestyle change. You have to just keep pushing through!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment