Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Breaking My Orbit

It is not even halfway through the first month of the new year, but change is already upon me!

Many of you who know me personally, know that I have been in the corporate life for a few years now. Instead of going to a four year school and getting a degree, I chose the route of worker bee due to my finances not allowing me to do otherwise. I was weighed down by financial pressures and felt I had no other option but to work full-time, sometimes two jobs. And I'm barely 23! You can imagine how stressful this can be, but I am very happy to say that is no longer an issue. With this new found freedom, and the support of my parents and boyfriend, I have decided to step down from my office job and go back to school full-time. Not finishing school has plagued me for some time now, and I'm absolutely thrilled to finally be able to have the opportunity to do so. I have never had one single passion that I knew I would pursue as a career someday, but I feel with health and fitness, I have really found my stride. I have discovered a love for encouraging other women, and sharing my experience with it all in order to help them succeed as best they can with their journey. I don't know where that will take me, or what opportunities lie ahead, but I know that I cannot continue any further without a formal degree.
It's terrifying because I'm basically tossing out all sense of security on the chance that I find something more suited to me. But I can't sit here at my desk and be proud of myself for staying safe. No one ever achieved their dreams by being comfortable. I posted something on Instagram a while back to the tune of "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable" and I didn't realize how much that applied to me until now.
I am confident that 2014 is going to be an amazing year for me. It has already brought forth so many opportunities that I would have never imagined, and for that I am very grateful. I'm excited to see what else is waiting :)

“We all want to break our orbits, float like a satellite gone wild in space, run the risk of disintegration. We all want to take our lives in our own hands and hurl them out among the stars.”

4 comments: