Sunday, January 12, 2014

Product Review: Lush Cosmetics


The last time I went on vacation I misplaced my facial moisturizer from Estee Lauder. I bought the jar several months back, and was devastated that I no longer had it.  Layering on the cool, fresh smelling lotion had become my favorite part of my skin care routine. Not only did it smell great and feel amazing on my skin, it was non-acnegenic, so it never made me break out. It was like the holy grail of facial moisturizers as far as I was concerned. I knew I immediately had to replace it, but felt that it was time for me to step away from Estee Lauder, and purchase a product that coincided with my new lifestyle and beliefs. AKA, I wanted it to be vegan. With the amount of cruelty free and vegan products available, it was hard to decide which one would be right for me. My initial trip to the beauty section of Whole Foods proved to be terribly overwhelming, and I left empty handed. I decided it would be best to conduct some more research on the products and return when I had a more solid idea of what I wanted.
Thanks to a great recommendation from a friend, I visited the website of Lush Handmade Cosmetics. They have products that are both vegan and non-vegan, so I made sure to use their filter on the menu to select only vegan items. I came across the moisturizer called "Imperialis" and the description basically summed up everything I was looking for: "If you’re not sure which moisturizer is for you, we recommend starting here. Imperialis is a finely crafted moisturizer that works with most skin types to ease and soothe irritations. Made with lavender infusion to balance the skin's sebum production, the lavender encourages dry skin to produce more natural oils and discourages oily skin from overdoing it. Orange blossom water brightens up dull looking areas and leaves you smelling gorgeous all day long."  Bingo! 


I took the first opportunity I had to go to the mall to try it out and get some more information from the employees. I told her I had oily skin with dry patches, and was also acne prone. Immediately she recommended the Imperialis moisturizer, stating that it also was beneficial for keeping the acne at bay.  At $24.95 it was definitely cheaper than the $48 I spent on the Estee Lauder moisturizer. I also ended up purchasing their 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion, and Herbalism Cleanser to replace my salicylic acid cleanser from the drugstore. I like having two different cleansers, one for the morning, and one in the evening for removing makeup. 
I was so excited to use the products I bought the next day, and I was very pleased with all of them. The moisturizer was light, smelled great, and gave me that extra hydration without making my skin feel too heavy. It has been a few days now, and my skin honestly has never looked better. I'm sure it has something to do with the 5-day cleanse as well, but my skin texture has evened out tremendously. I haven't noticed any dry patches or flaking, which was a daily problem before, and I feel like I finally have that healthy glow. The best part of all? No breakouts! I'm relieved to have found a product I can feel great about not only because it works so well for me, but because it is totally vegan as well. 

Have you used Lush products before? What is working for your skin right now? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment