Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Blonde Vegan Cleanse: Day 3

Evening all,

Not going to lie, this whole cleansing business is pretty exhausting. I work a full-time job Monday through Friday, so when I get home its make dinner, prep smoothie, juices, and lunch, eat dinner, and by the time I'm done it's 9 and I'm ready to crawl into bed. Maybe that is why we get such a good night sleep! We are so exhausted that we just pass out :)  On that note, we actually have been sleeping really well which is a bonus.

Today's breakfast smoothie was "Creamy Carrot Bliss" which had carrots and almond butter in it. I thought that combination sounded weird, but we were pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was.
The first juice was "Green It Out", your basic green juice. I put half the amount of celery it calls for and  I thought it was delicious and refreshing.
Lunch was actually not a salad today, it was butternut squash apple soup! The recipe calls for nutmeg but of course I forgot to buy some, so instead I put a bit of cinnamon and I thought it was very good. Probably not something I would make regularly though. After lunch I felt very drowsy. I could have easily laid my head on my desk and took a power nap, but alas, I have a big kid job where you just can't do things like that without consequence. (What job would allow that anyway?! Sign me up! Haha)
Juice #2 "Beet City" I couldn't stomach. It had a lot of celery taste, plus the earthiness of the beets was not a combination I could enjoy and I ended up not finishing the whole thing.
Dinner was better though, we got to roast Brussels sprouts, carrots, and enjoy it with a baked sweet potato. Very simple, but filling and delicious!  We also ended the night with a banana and some almond butter for dessert.
I mentioned I would get Jeff's thoughts on the cleanse in the last post, so here is what he has to say:
"To be honest I haven't felt any big changes, but I do feel "cleaner". I don't feel like I have any more energy than usual, however I haven't felt tired either."  He says he has felt pretty hungry throughout the day, and would increase the portions a bit to compensate for the weight difference between us if he were to do it again. So ladies, maybe if your man is going to do it with you, make sure his portions are slightly more and tell him to pack extra nuts for snacking on in case he is hungry? From the outside, he doesn't seem like he's having the best time, but we both know how beneficial this is for our bodies! I'll let you know how he feels about everything post-cleanse :)

I'm super ready for bed now, so good night !

No comments:

Post a Comment